Sunday, August 11, 2013

We All Need a Little Hideaway


 Sometimes there's nothing you can do about an unfortunate happenstance other than getting away from the clutter and the mess.








My mom used to tell me this confusing yet enlightening saying over and over - it actually took me years to fully understand what she meant, so if you find yourself as clueless as I was, no worries mate. 

"From disaster comes calmness." -The M.O.M.

It's funny how I sometimes find myself in my most calm state of mind during life's stressful moments. Some people would call it escapism, but I'd like to disagree. I think we simply forget that we need to let ourselves breathe for a second. It's like we're running a marathon, except it never ends. Take a day off to value what you've been forgetting to enjoy. Sit on that bench you've been eyeing every time you walked busily past it and look at what you've been missing out on all this time. I promise, you'll feel more accomplished than organizing that disgruntled stack of mess. After your hideaway moment, shrug your shoulders (and I give you permission to act like you don't give a darn), brush it off, and get back on your feet. After all, you know there's a hell of a crowd depending on you.