Monday, November 18, 2013

Kate Somerville Skincare Review


 

Here's the thing. I have NEVER felt more satisfied with my skin since I've met these two skin miracles. There was always something a little lacking in most of the products I've tried so far. If it was hydrating enough, it would cause my skin to break out. If it was oil-free, it would be to drying for my skin. BUT! These two are just the perfect combination of hydration and nourishment that still will maintain balance in my skin. 



The goat milk is literally the queerest skincare product I've ever tried. It's the most nourishing cream that won't irritate my skin whatsoever. The antioxidants in this tub provide an amazing shield of protection on my skin and it feels incredibly luxurious. Now, I will warn you that it gets a bit greasy at first but give it a while and everything sinks into your skin beautifully. That's right, every bit of it. I use this only in my PM skincare routine since I don't have that much time to wait for it to sink in during the mornings (#problemsofacollegestudent). If you are familiar with the Korres Greek Yogurt Cream, it's a similar consistency; creamy and a little bit thick, but melts in.



It has a great sanitary and convenient pump that you just push down on for the product to come out. *Tip: don't push it down too fast because it will squirt everywhere! 


As for the Quench Serum, it comes in two versions: one is regular, and one is oil-free. I have been using the oil-free one. At first I didn't expect much since most oil-free products weren't really hydrating enough for me. I was wrong again! It gave me the perfect supple feeling that helped my skin not feel tight as it normally does after cleansing. It made it feel cushiony (cushiony (def.): bouncy, cushion-like, and charged with happiness) enough that I could top it off with the goat cream (again, only PM). I use this day and night underneath different moisturizers and it has definitely helped my skin regain a good amount of plumpness. Oh, and it comes with a pump too! Yay!

Please continue to prove me wrong with skincare products Kate! 

Ingredients for the Goat Milk Creme: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Goat Milk, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mannan, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid

Ingredients for the Quench Serum (oil-free): Water, Plumeria Acutifolia Flower Extract, Glycerin, Propanediol, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Algae Extract, Carrageenan, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Capryloyl Tetrapeptide-3, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Soy Amino Acids, Yeast Extract, Glutamine Peptide, Glutamic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Dextran, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol